Saturday, January 07, 2006

Music and Satisfaction

The last blog posting for some time I hope...

I've got to get on my eminent domain paper.

I had wanted to do a top 10 list for CDs I'd been into last year, but I can't. Instead, I'm marveling at the stack of CDs sitting on my CD player. I'll list them in sequence -- all thing which have been in and out of the player in the 3 days of being back in Jersey. I must admit that they've been enjoyable, but it's still difficult to feel truly satisfied with the music...

1. Talking Heads - Remain in Light
2. Kate Bush - The Sensual World
3. Phish - Rift
4. Catie Curtis - Dreaming in Romance Languages
5. Catie Curtis - Truth from Lies
6. Portishead - Dummy
7. Vienna Teng - Waking Hour
8. George Michael - Ladies & Gentlemen [disc 2]
9. Everything But the Girl - Amplified Heart
10. Jill Sobule - Happy Town
11. Dar Williams - End of the Summer
12. Dar Williams - My Better Self
13. Jennifer Lopez - The Reel Me
14. Tracy Chapman - Collection
15. Barenaked Ladies - Born on a Pirate Ship
16. Melissa Etheridge - Lucky
17. Nada Surf - Let Go
18. Ben Lee - hey you. yes you.
19. Matchbox 20 - More Than You Think You are
20. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
21. The Killers - Hot Fuss (Limited Edition)
22. Shakira - Oral Fixation vol. 2
23. Okkervil River - Don't Fall in Love With Everyone You See
24. Royksopp - The Understanding

I think this is pretty clear proof of my borderline-ADD. Especially because I've been trying to spend all my time doing homework. Not that the music and reading about eminent domain are mutually exclusive mind you.

Also, these are by no means the best albums of last year. Maybe it's a sign for what this new year holds...

I've got to go and stir my potato-leek soup. Cheers.

-Leo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home