Thursday, December 08, 2005

Salon.com Arts & Entertainment | "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"

Salon.com Arts & Entertainment | "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe": "If certain religious groups want to lay claim to compassion as a brand, that's their business. But it shouldn't interfere with anyone's pleasure in 'Narnia,' or, for that matter, in C.S. Lewis' books."

A quite positive review of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. I must admit that the enthusiasm of the Christian Right has made me a bit wary of the film, but I suppose if I were basing film selection that way, March of the Penguins would have been suspect too. I don't expect to have time to see it, but it's an interesting dilemma -- the politics of consumption never seem to end...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home