Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Whew!

Look, a new post that isn't just photos or a "blog-it-now" autopost!

I am feeling great relief. I just met with my boss's boss regarding this summary document on sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) that I've spent weeks learning about and writing for the Asia Bureau, and she seemed really pleased with the results.

It's amazing how sometimes one's feeling of self-worth can become wrapped up in a piece of work product. Thank goodness for external validation.

My piece isn't for posting, but if you're interested in learning more about SGBV, UNHCR has an excellent manual from May 2003. Obviously not fun reading, but it is a very informative piece of work. I'll create a link here in case you're interested, but be warned that it is a large PDF. Sexual and Gender Based Violence against Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons: Guidelines for Prevention and Response

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home