Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Salon.com | "Sterling" judge or "extreme rightist"?

Kim Grady from NOW: "I think he was spoiling for a fight with a nominee who would move Karl Rove off the front page. I think George Bush is looking for a fight and I think he's going to get one."

This kind of comment is what makes the right yell about how the left is filled with conspiracy theorists. On the other hand, I couldn't find "Karl" or "Rove" anywhere on the NYT main webpage today...

As for Roberts? I'm convinced from what I've read that he's going to be nominated, and it's going to be a disaster. If the most dramatic, negative image that the press has managed to find about him so far is his support for police who handcuffed a 12-year old girl and dragged her down to the station for eating a French Fry on the DC metro, we're dead. It's not enough to galvanize opposition from the public. Police brutality? Unnecessary search and seizure? Happens all the time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home