Thursday, June 30, 2005

postsecret

If you've never checked out postsecret you should. It's a fascinating group art project of people creatively confessing their innermost secrets. That description sounds cheezy, but it's really well done and quite interesting. The NYT did a good review of the site with some commentary.

It's sort of depressing, yet oddly cathartic. There's a bunch of responses at the bottom of the site from people out there who have found it supportive in various different ways. Indeed there's something about it that makes one feel a little less isolated.

As a random aside, I'm impressed by the number of people with collage skills that I'm sure are being underutilized. Aside from the Foucaultian need to confess, there is also some deeper desire for artistic expression I think. But maybe I'm just projecting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very impressive. I'm trying to think of one I've never told anyone -- being from California and in therapy for 10 years I think I talk about everything. I'll have to ponder.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home