Tuesday, June 28, 2005

spoon

Salon.com Arts & Entertainment | Audiofile: "Spoon's studio perfectionism makes them the kind of band you might expect to fall flat in live performance, but their shows are excellent, largely because of frontman Britt Daniel's charisma: He has a classic rock voice, confident and raucous and unashamed, and a swaggering, cocksure presence to match."

This is the best song I've heard in months. It's the song that I wait for when running with my iPod shuffle. It comes after Postal Service when out of shuffle mode at this moment. It's what's making me think about the record store and how they close every day before I leave work. Despite the fact that the new Royksopp is out in Europe TODAY after I don't know how much wait, it's still the Spoon album that I'm coveting.

You should download it if you have a few minutes. If you can't access Salon premium, get it from the Matador Records site directly. Free. I want to be able to describe music, but I'm just not there yet and don't want to expend the time. I'm heading to lunch. You- please listen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which song are you talking about?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

"I Turn My Camera On"

Sorry 'bout that.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home