Thursday, December 16, 2004

Density

Alain Bertaud was an impressive guest lecturer for my Planning Theory class. Check out his website. If you've got the time and/or interest, click for his article on "Clearing the Air in Atlanta: Transit and Smart Growth or Conventional Economics?" If you've not got time/interest, at least check out the density chart. I love that the metropolitan area of Ljubljana is denser than the metropolitan area of New York. I do have to admit that I think the reason for New York's relatively low density number is because he includes such a large amount of land area beyond Manhattan, even past the other boroughs. Although I guess in cities outside the U.S., they just end as opposed to here, where they sort of sprawl and deplete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home