Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where's my tax rebate?

So the IRS should have told folks to file early if they wanted to get their rebate checks sooner, and I would have. I'm totally irritated that there is this schedule showing I should have received it over 1 week ago, and instead, I'm just waiting and checking every day to see if it has arrived. Glancing at comments all over the web, people feel the same way. Similarly, providing a tool to allow people to check for their rebate's status is good, but when it fails to provide any information, it is just another level of frustration. The error message they provide isn't particularly informative, and you don't know if you've misentered info or if they haven't yet gotten to you.

Not that this stimulus check was really going to help the economy, but being late with them probably isn't going to help much either. I wonder if any of the businesses trying to get people to spend their (physical) checks on them are getting many takers...

BTW, I hate Vista...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home