Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Some Good Blog Detective Work

Talking Points Memo: by Joshua Micah Marshall: March 26, 2006 - April 01, 2006 Archives

This is incredibly amusing. Maybe the reason that all the Republican politicians insist that everything is great in Iraq is that they have been taken to Turkey instead and simply told they're in Iraq...

This reminds me of something that one of my classmates was telling me about from one of her books -- a former CIA director who wanted to visit an operation in Afghanistan but was flown in to Pakistan, driven in circles, then shown actors in Pakistan instead. He was moved to tears. I'll do more research on this unless anyone knows what I'm talking about.

It's hard to believe that anyone would be dumb enough to pull this. I don't know anything about Kaloogian, but I actually tend to believe that it might be a mistake -- could someone possibly have thought that they could get away with this kind of deception?

Thanks Tim Grieve for blogging this on Salon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home