Wednesday, June 22, 2005

o computer - give me joy

I was out late at Terrace last night with good friends, drinking beer and wine and chilling out in the very comfortable night air. The fiberglass cows are out and about in public now - useful identifiers for offering points of reference in public spaces.

The synapses in my brain have been reorganizing themselves in odd ways. I've been periodically breaking into song at least in my head. I try to keep it to myself but since you're reading and not subjected to my actual voice, I'm singing in my head:

"Meet me by the bron-ze cow, the bron-ze cow"

to the tune of Emmylou Harris singing Wrecking Ball, a stellar tune by the way.

Anyhow, it's back to more excel at work, as I try to extract some more information for our tsunami evaluation project. I've been more productive at work lately, so I'd like to keep that up. On the other hand, I missed staff meeting because I didn't make it in by 9, so instead of learning about what the department is doing, I was snickering to myself reading Jonathan's version of events from the weekend. I'll make it to the meeting next week -- the boss is doing a presentation. I've put it into my palm as a repeating meeting.

Finally, I am still thinking a lot about Hotel Rwanda and just about the painfulness (and beauty, but mostly the painfulness) of the world around us. I went for a run on Monday evening after seeing the movie, actually going for a full hour and 45 minutes. This is an immense amount of exercise for me, but it seems to be the way that I can rid myself of some of the lurking subconscious angst that I know resides in the back of my head. It was a perfect run (almost made it into France!), full moon up for the last hour or so, smells of meadow blended with forest fire and exhaust, and I just felt like I had boundless energy. Also, this was in my new Nikes (brand that I usually despise for ethical and comfort reasons both) that I had bought 2 weeks ago in a desperate search for shoes that fit my size 12 feet (which apparently nobody in Switzerland has).

But anyway, my body has the odd trait of feeling the painful effects of exercise 2 days after it takes place, so I'm feeling a little creaky today.

Have a good day you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home